Recruitment in Uttar Pradesh Police for 2351 Posts | Government Job Exam
26. How many Nations had signed the Charter of United Nations on 26th June, 1945 ?
(A) 64 (B) 61 (C) 52 (D) 51 (Ans : D)
27. How many women members were there in the Indian Constituent Assembly?
(A) 10 (B) 12 (C) 13 (D) 15 (Ans : D)
28. To whom among the following did Buddha preach his last sermon?
(A) Subhadda (B) Anand (C) Yash (D) Gautami (Ans : A)
29. From which site of prehistoric age, evidence of cremating pet-dog with man has been found?
(A) Koldihawa (B) Panchoh (C) Burzhome (D) Gufkaral (Ans : C)
30. Which of the Indian States had diarchy system of government at the time of Alexander’s invasion?
(A) Patal (B) Fegela (C) Gandaris (D) Siboi (Ans : A)
31. Whose relics are preserved in the Second Stupa at Sanchi ?
(A) Missionaries of Ashokan age (B) Lord Buddha
(C) Sariputra (D) Mahamodglyeyan (Ans : A)
32. Which temple of North India has its Shikhar (spire) in Dravid style?
(A) Bhitargaon (B) Deogarh (C) Sas-Bahu temple (D) Teli temple at Gwalior (Ans : D)
33. The first excavated Indus site after independence of India is–
(A) Ropar (B) Kalibangan (C) Banavali (D) Lothal (Ans : A)
34. Which is the port city of Indus Valley culture?
(A) Mohenjodaro (B) Harappa (C) Kalibanga (D) Lothal (Ans : D)
35. How many slokas are present in Rajtarangini of Kalhana ?
(A) Eight thousand (B) Nine thousand (C) Ten thousand (D) Eleven thousand (Ans : A)
36. Which of the following tribes does not belong to the Panchjana of Rigveda ?
(A) Yadu (B) Puru (C) Turvasa (D) Kikat (Ans : D)
37. Which of the following inscriptions mentions Vedic Gods?
(A) Mansehra (B) Shahbajgarhi (C) Boghazkoi (D) Junagarh (Ans : C)
38. King Kharvela of Kalinga belonged to which dynasty ?
(A) Chedi (B) Kadamba (C) Haryanka (D) Kalinga (Ans : A)
39. Which one of the following is the name of the Book written by Magasthnase ?
(A) Deep Vansh (B) Kapur Manjan (C) Geography (D) Indica (Ans : D)
40. Who is regarded as the father of Indian pre-history?
(A) Cunnigham (B) Bruce Froot (C) Marshall (D) William King (Ans : B)
41. Who among the following called himself ‘The Parrot of India’ ?
(A) Malik Muhammad Jaisi (B) Raskhan (C) Amir Khusrau (D) Amir Hasan (Ans : C)
42. Who among the following built the ‘Qutub Minar’ ?
(A) Qutubuddin Aibak (B) Iltutmish (C) Firozshah Tughlaq (D) All the above (Ans : D)
43. At which of the following places Jawaharlal Nehru unfurled the tricolour in 1930 ?
(A) Allahabad (B) Delhi (C) Lahore (D) Lucknow (Ans : C)
44. Who was the great force behind the foundation of the first Indian Women’s University in Bombay in 1906?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji (B) D. K. Karve (C) S. S. Bangali (D) V. M. Malabari (Ans : B)
45. The largest ocean of the world is–
(A) Arctic Ocean (B) Indian Ocean (C) Atlantic Ocean (D) Pacific Ocean (Ans : D)
46. The largest Mica producing State in India is–
(A) Jharkhand (B) Andhra Pradesh (C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Rajasthan (Ans : A)
47. Which one of the following is the longest river in India?
(A) Godavari (B) Narmada (C) Krishna (D) Yamuna (Ans : A)
48. Which one of the following country has the highest percentage of its geographical area under forests?
(A) China (B) Australia (C) India (D) United Kingdom (Ans : C)
49. Chandra Prabha National Park is located in–
(A) Varanasi (B) Kanpur (C) Jaunpur (D) Saharanpur (Ans : A)
50. Disaster Management Act was enacted in India, in the year–
(A) 2001 (B) 2003 (C) 2005 (D) 2012 (Ans : C)
51. The National Capital Region Planning Board was set up in India in the year–
(A) 1980 (B) 1982 (C) 1985 (D) 1995 (Ans : C)
52. Which of the following tribes belongs to Nilgiri hills ?
(A) Maria (B) Asur (C) Badga (D) Saharia (Ans : C)
53. The Patkai hills separate India from–
(A) China (B) Myanmar (C) Pakistan (D) Bangladesh (Ans : B)
54. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists-
(a) Sugar (b) Paper (c) Cement (d) Iron & Steel
1. Dalmia Dadari 2. Dhampur 3. Chandra pur 4. Bokaro
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 2 1 3 4
(B) 2 3 1 4
(C) 3 2 1 4
(D) 1 2 3 4(Ans : B)
55. As per Census 2011 of India, which of the following States has lowest per cent of urban population?
(A) Tripura (B) Sikkim (C) Bihar (D) Himachal Pradesh (Ans : D)