Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited – BSNL Recruitment – 2710 Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) Vacancies
Which one of the following rivers originates near Mahabaleshwar ?
(A) Godavari (B) Krishna (C) Kaveri (D) Tapi
2. With reference to the climate of India, the western disturbances originate over which one of the following ?
(A) Arabian Sea (B) Baltic Sea (C) Caspian Sea (D) Mediterranean Sea
3. In which one of the following states is the Nanga Parbat peak located ?
(A) Sikkim (B) Himachal Pradesh (C) Jammu and Kashmir (D) Uttarakhand
4. In India, which of the following are the Southernmost hills ?
(A) Anaimalai hills (B) Cardamom hills (C) Nilgiri hills (D) Javari hills
5. Where are the Coal Reserves of India largely concentrated ?
(A) Son valley (B) Mahanadi valley (C) Damodar valley (D) Godavari valley
6. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists—
(a) Chilika Lake (b) Kolleru Lake (c) Sambhar Lake (d) Vembanad Lake
1. Andhra Pradesh 2. Kerala 3. Odisha 4. Rajasthan
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 2 1 4 3
(B) 2 4 1 3
(C) 3 4 1 2
(D) 3 1 4 2
7. Indian Standard Time is governed by which of the following longitude ?
(A) 72½° East longitude (B) 77½° East longitude
(C) 80° East longitude (D) 82½° East longitude
8. Which one of the following Indian states leads in the production of rubber ?
(A) Tamil Nadu (B) Karnataka (C) Kerala (D) Andhra Pradesh
9. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
Name of the Mountain Range — Location in the Himalayas(A) Zanskar range — Kashmir
(B) Dhauladhar Range — Himachal Pradesh
(C) Singalila Range — Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Kumaon Range — Uttarakhand
10. Between which ranges does the Kashmir valley in the Himlayas lie ?
(A) Siwalik and Pir Panjal
(B) Pirpanjal and Dhauladhar
(C) Zanskar and Pir Panjal
(D) Dhauladhar and Zanskar
11. Indravati is a tributary of which river ?
(A) Ganga (B) Godavari (C) Krishna (D) Mahanadi
12. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists—
(a) Bhadravathy (b) Coimbatore (c) Kapurthala (d) Surat
1. Gem cutting 2. Electrical motors 3. Steel 4. Railway coach
Codes :(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 4 3
(B) 3 2 4 1
(C) 1 4 2 3
(D) 3 4 2 1
13. What is the name of the major base of Indian Navy at Karwar ?
(A) INS Kadamba (B) INS Vikramaditya (C) INS Harshvardhan (D) INS Kushan
14. Where is Thattekad Bird Sanctuary located ?
(A) Kerala (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Karnataka (D) Andhra Pradesh
15. In which one of the following states of India is the Pamayangtse Monastery situated ?
(A) Nagaland (B) Himachal Pradesh (C) Sikkim (D) Arunachal Pradesh
16. What is the average life expectancy in India ?
(A) 50 years (B) 72 years (C) 64 years (D) 36 years
17. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) NH 2 — Delhi – Kolkata
(B) NH 4 — Chennai – Thane
(C) NH 3 — Agra – Mumbai
(D) NH 9 — Delhi – Mumbai
18. Nagda is well known as a centre of production of—
(A) Steel (B) Automobiles (C) Viscose staple fibre (D) Electric motors
19. Where is the college of defence management Located ?
(A) Dehradun (B) Wellington (C) Pune (D) Secunderabad
20. In which state is the hydel power project Nathpa Jhakari located ?
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Uttarakhand (C) Jammu and Kashmir (D) Madhya Pradesh